Saturday, July 5, 2008

American Government: Puzzles, Games and Individual Activities

I'm not sure you can still buy these Hayes reproducible activity books anymore, and that's too bad. I really liked these because they're great for independent work, and they're blackline masters, so they photocopy beautifully.

This particular book (I already sold the geometry and algebra versions) has crossword puzzles, fill-in-the-blank activities, and unscramble-the-word activities that are great for reinforcing vocabulary growth. There is also a page that requires the student to agree or disagree with statements about the U.S. political process as it relates to young people.

I used this book along with an activity book about the U.S. Constitution, which I'll be posting tomorrow, when my kids studied the Constitution. This book is paperback, 24 pages plus answer key, printed in 1982 and in excellent condition. Sorry....this one's sold.

No comments: