Thursday, July 31, 2008

To Kill a Mockingbird and 24 More Videos

We're movie lovers around here, and that's what led me to buy this curriculum. It contains synopses of 24 movie favorites, accompanied by several reproducible language arts activities for each movie as well as answer keys for those activities.

For example, for the movie To Kill a Mockingbird (Universal Legacy Series), you'll find a homonym exercise, a vocabulary fill-in-the-blank sheet and a writing exercise. The activities vary with the movies, which include favorites of mine like The Miracle Worker, Oliver!, Rear Window and To Sir, With Love.

It's an awesome book, so you can imagine how mad I got at myself when I found it on the bookshelf, having completely forgotten I had it! But the book is intended for grades 6-9, so we have no need for it now.

This book can easily be used with just one child, but considering it's all reproducible, I can see it being the basis for a homeschool co-op class as well.

To Kill a Mockingbird and 24 More Videos: Language Arts Activities for Middle School is softcover, has 150 pages, was printed in 1993 and is in like-new condition. Sorry....this one's sold.

No comments: