Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor

Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor is a historical romance set in the late 17th century. It traces the adventures of a young man who meets and falls in love with a beautiful young woman who is mistreated by her cruel family, a band of outlaws. It is considered a classic.

I wish I could tell you that we all loved this book, but the fact is that it's one of my "good intentions" books that we never had time to read. I wish we had, because I've heard good things about it, and I don't have the time to read much fiction anymore.

In the photo, you see the book's slipcover at left and the actual book at right. Both are like new.

This book is hardcover, comes with a slipcover, was printed in 1943, has 550 pages and is in excellent condition. Sorry....this one's sold.

No comments: