Thursday, July 10, 2008

Human Body & Senses

You know, I tried, but I just cannot part with my beloved copy of Dinah Zike's The Big Book of Books and Activities: An Illustrated Guide for Teacher, Parents, and Anyone Who Works With Kids! It's one of my all-time favorite homeschool books.

However, this particular book, (which works best with that book, although it can be used alone) is a little more involved than those I usually use with my youngest, who has developmental disabilities, and so I think I can let it go now.

We sure had fun with it, though. It is full of what the author calls "thematic manipulatives," which is a fancy term that means "making little books and having so much fun you don't realize you're learning something." In this case, the something your children learn about is the human body. All of the activities in this book can be photocopied, and then your children can cut out the activities and put the information they learn on the pages of the little books they create.

What I liked best about this book is that all of the basic components are in it, so all I had to do was set my kids loose with a basic anatomy book and off they went.

This book is softcover, has 40 pages and is in like-new condition. Sorry....this one's sold.



No comments: