Sunday, June 1, 2008

Geographic Literacy: Maps for Memorization

In the upper corner of the cover of this book, it says "Reproducibles." Well, I reproduced the heck out of this book, having photocopied it front to back three times for three students.

The way this book is organized, the countries of the world are presented a chunk at a time, with political and physical maps that the student identifies, studies and is then tested on (answers are at the back of each section). My kids learned a lot from this curriculum.

There are two missing pages, but that's the fault of the publisher (the back of page 25 is page 28). But losing the chance to be tested on a few South American rivers and lakes didn't exactly break my kids' hearts, lol.

This book is available used over at Amazon for $12 from two sellers (Geographic Literacy: Maps for Memorization), but I'll part with my 1994 copy in very good condition for sorry, this one's sold.

No comments: